Thank you for your interest in Benton Harbor Charter School Academy! Enroll today in our K-8th grade program, or apply to our free GSRP Preschool.
To ensure your child’s seat at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy, please follow the steps below and provide the correct documentation.
If you have any questions about the steps below please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also offer tuition-free GSRP (4-year-old) and Strong Beginnings (3-year-old) Preschool! Click below for more information on how to apply!
2021-2022 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
STEP 1: Fill out an Enrollment Application Online
Open Enrollment for the 2021-2022 school year is now open!
If you are looking to enroll for the current 2020-2021 school year, please reach out to Sharnae Hudson at email@example.com
STEP 2: Visit or Attend an Event
*At this time we will not be having in-person events. We will update our website calendar with any future events.
STEP 3: Documents
Required: Applicants are required to supply the school with the following:
- Proof of date of birth such as the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (Preferred)
- Affidavit of Parentage
- Baptism or Church Certificate
- Hospital Certificate
- Immigration Documents
- Proof of Residency – may be one of the following:
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
- State ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Immunization record or waiver certificate from your county health department.
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK (if applicable)
- Request for Record to send to prior school. Required for K-6th grade applicants
- Home Language Survey
- Special Education Information Sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistant Act Student Residency Form (if applicable)
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK FOR KINDERGARTEN APPLICANTS ONLY (required for enrollment)
- Proof of vision screening (must be within the last 3 years).
- Health Appraisal*
- *Health Appraisal – we are aware that health insurance companies only allow one health appraisal per year. If your child’s health appraisal will expire before the month of September and you need to schedule such an appointment with your doctor please let the office know. This is the only document that can be delayed until the first day of school.
- Kindergarten Waiver (if not 5 years old by December 1, 2020)