Thank you for your interest in Benton Harbor Charter School Academy!
To ensure your child’s seat at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy, please follow the steps below and provide the correct documentation.
Benton Harbor Charter School Academy will communicate throughout the application and enrollment process to ensure your student has a smooth start at our school. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions as they come up.
2023-2024 ENROLLMENT PROCESS
If you have any questions about the 2023-2024 school year please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 1: Fill out an Enrollment Application Online
We also offer tuition-free GSRP (4-year-old) and Strong Beginnings (3-year-old) Preschool! Click below for more information on how to apply!
STEP 2: Visit or Attend an Event
STEP 3: Documents
Required: Applicants are required to supply the school with the following:
- Proof of date of birth such as the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (Preferred)
- Affidavit of Parentage
- Baptism or Church Certificate
- Hospital Certificate
- Immigration Documents
- Proof of Residency – may be one of the following:
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
- State ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Immunization record or waiver certificate from your county health department.
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK (if applicable)
- Request for Record to send to prior school. Required for K-6th grade applicants
- Home Language Survey
- Special Education Information Sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistant Act Student Residency Form (if applicable)
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK FOR KINDERGARTEN APPLICANTS ONLY (required for enrollment)
- Proof of vision screening (must be within the last 3 years).
- Health Appraisal*
- *Health Appraisal – we are aware that health insurance companies only allow one health appraisal per year. If your child’s health appraisal will expire before the month of September and you need to schedule such an appointment with your doctor please let the office know. This is the only document that can be delayed until the first day of school.
- Kindergarten Waiver (if not 5 years old by December 1, 2023)