Working at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy
We are looking for individuals who want to make an impact on the kids in Benton Harbor. Experienced teachers, new teachers who are just beginning their careers, and career changers who are entering the classroom after succeeding in another profession, are encouraged to apply to educate and care for the students at our school. We need you to help us reimagine education in our community!
Be someone who prepares students for college, careers and life in Benton Harbor and beyond!
At Benton Harbor Charter School Academy, we have broken up our grade levels into communities so that we can offer more mentorship and support to our staff and build a strong collaborative culture.
We believe that every child should have the opportunity to learn in a safe environment where their unique needs are met through individualized support.
Each community level has a lead teacher who is there for coaching and mentoring guidance. Each community level also has a student advocate to assist with restorative justice practices and classroom management. We are a team that works together to care, challenge, and encourage every single one of our students.
Benefits of being a bobcat:
- A collaborative and professional environment
- Access to state-of-the-art technology and other teaching resources
- Equal and ample opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Employee Assistance Program to provide social and emotional support and resources for staff and their families
- Benefits program including health, dental, and vision
- 401K options
- Life insurance
- Educational Assistance Programs to help with the cost of furthering education
- Paid time off in addition to regularly scheduled holidays
- Leadership opportunities within the school community
- Performance pay incentives
A Benton Harbor Charter School Teacher will be successful if they have or can build upon the following skills and characteristics:
- Teaching at BHCSA is more than just a job, it is a love for our students and our community
- Creates a positive environment of empowerment and expects greatness out of every student
- Has the ability to be flexible, adapt, and modify to each unique student and their learning needs
- Will be responsible and accountable to the success of their students in the classroom and the school as a whole
- Develop independent learners who have the critical thinking skills to flourish and thrive
- Can take initiative to go above and beyond the basic expectations
- Willing to ask questions, collaborate, and seek out additional resources/professional development to continuously grow as an educator
- Eager to build relationships and learn about students that come from diverse backgrounds