To ensure your child’s seat at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy, please follow the step below and provide the correct documents at the enrollment appointment.
If you have any questions about the steps below please contact email@example.com.
Open enrollment for the 2020/2021 school year begins 2/24/2020.
STEP 1: Visit or Attend an Event
Recommended: A tour is a great way to see our classes in action and to take a look at our campus. We recommend this to all new Benton Harbor Charter School Academy students.
STEP 2: Fill out an Enrollment Application Online
Once open enrollment begins you will find a link to the application here.
STEP 3: Documents
Required: Applicants are required to supply the school with the following:
- Proof of date of birth such as the following:
- Original Birth Certificate (Preferred)
- Affidavit of Parentage
- Baptism or Church Certificate
- Hospital Certificate
- Immigration Documents
- Proof of Residency – may be one of the following:
- Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
- State ID Card
- Utility Bill
- Lease/Rental Agreement
- Immunization record or waiver certificate from your county health department.
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK (if applicable)
- Request for Record to send to prior school. Required for K-6th grade applicants
- Home Language Survey
- Special Education Information Sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of Individual Education Plan (if applicable)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistant Act Student Residency Form (if applicable)
ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK FOR KINDERGARTEN APPLICANTS ONLY (required for enrollment)
- Proof of vision screening (must be within the last 3 years).
- Health Appraisal*
- *Health Appraisal – we are aware that health insurance companies only allow one health appraisal per year. If your child’s health appraisal will expire before the month of September and you need to schedule such an appointment with your doctor please let the office know. This is the only document that can be delayed until the first day of school.
- Kindergarten Waiver (if not 5 years old by December 1, 2020)
STEP 4: Meeting with the Principal and/or School Enrollment Staff
During this meeting, the staff member will review the honor code.